Photography and Recipe by Sasha Ewing
ROCKY ROAD HEART
250g milk chocolate
200g pink and white marshmallows
100g dry roasted almonds
225g turkish delight
100g white chocolate
Pink powdered food colouring
1. Grease and line a heart-shaped cake tin (base measuring approximately 18cm from top to bottom). Using a sharp knife, chop marshmallows and almonds in half. Slice Turkish delight into 1cm cubes.
2. To melt the chocolate, break it into small pieces and place them in a small glass bowl. Fill a small saucepan ¼ full with water and sit the bowl with the chocolate over the top of this. The water should come up to just below the bottom of the bowl. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate reaches a smooth, spreadable consistency.
3. Pour melted chocolate into a large bowl. Add the chopped marshmallows, almonds and turkish delight. Stir mixture gently until combined, ensuring all the ingredients are covered by chocolate.
4. Pour mixture into the lined tin, and place in the fridge to set (approximately 2 hours).
5. To decorate the heart, break the white chocolate into small pieces and melt it using the same process used in step 2. Remove bowl from the heat when the chocolate is smooth. Add a small pinch of pink food colouring to the chocolate, stir well.
6. Remove the heart from the tin and place on a large board covered with a sheet of baking paper. Spoon the white chocolate mixture into a piping bag with an approximately 0.2mm tip. Pipe lines back and forth over the heart moving from top to bottom and then from right to left to create a criss-cross pattern. Repeat on the diagonal. Return the heart to the fridge until set.
7. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice a thin layer off the heart on all sides. Wrap as desired. Store in an air-tight container.